Baby teeth are important for your child’s lifelong dental health because they hold places for permanent teeth, allowing them to erupt properly. It is very important to keep baby teeth healthy, but some children may protest against brushing and flossing their teeth because it isn’t “fun.” Here are a few ways you can get your child interested in oral hygiene.
• Give your child rewards when they regularly brush their teeth. These rewards should obviously not include sweets, so try stickers instead.
• Your child can get more interested in brushing if they think it is a story. Who knows, their toothbrush could be defending the citizens of Teethworld from a fleet of evil plaque aliens.
• Use your child’s favorite stuffed animal to get them interested in oral hygiene. After your child brushes their teeth, they can have fun brushing their toy’s teeth as well.
• You can make tooth brushing into a race-like game. Use an egg timer or a two minute song and have your child try to finish brushing their teeth when the time runs out.
• You can use a plaque disclosing tablet to show your child the bacteria on their teeth that they need to brush away.
• Brush your teeth with your child. This will show them that oral hygiene practices should be performed daily.Read more
Your baby has started to show their first tooth. This can be an exciting time, but you need to be sure to begin caring for your child’s teeth and to do it correctly.
How To Care For Baby Teeth
Adults know that the braces their kids wear will be good for them in the long run. However, kids don’t always—or ever—appreciate them. After all, braces can be uncomfortable, they prevent the eating of popcorn and sticky sweets, and kids can sometimes get teased for them. How can we help teach them about how important their braces really are?
Tip 1: Look to the Future
Of course, no kid wants to hear about how someday they will appreciate their straight teeth when they have to deal with braces now. But reminding them will always give them something to look forward too. Let them know that the orthodontia will help straighten crooked teeth, align bad bites, or spread out crowded teeth.
Tip 2: Healthy Smile
Braces not only straighten teeth, but make them healthier. They can help prevent tooth decay, gum disease, jaw problems, etc. Let your kids know that a toothbrush and some floss aren’t the only things helping their teeth.
Tip 3: Colors!
Kids love to color, so let them have the opportunity to color their braces if they want to. After all, how often do people have the opportunity to color their teeth? Whether their favorite color is purple, blue, orange, or pink, give your kids have the chance to have a bright smile.
Do you need a kids / pediatric dentist in the Northern Fort Worth area? We are conveniently located at the corner of Basswood Blvd and Beach St – near the Gateway NFW church.
We are proudly serving the surrounding NFW area, including Keller, North Richland Hills, and Hurst Texas.
If you haven’t been by, you’ll love our new office.Kids and parents alike enjoy their time with us – we offer high quality personalized treatment, and tender care. We have large screen TVs, a play area for the kids while you are waiting. Bright and fun colors welcome you and your family. Our dental office in Fort Worth is equipped with the latest dental technology and follows the American Dental Association’s best practices.
While our office is new, we are building large fanbase on Facebook. Come join us there http://www.facebook.com/ikidsnfw!Read more
We at iKids Pediatric Dentistry are looking forward to opening our newest office serving the NFW area, including North Richland Hills, Saginaw, Haltom City, Keller and surrounding areas. Keep an eye out for our Google+ and Facebook pages coming soon.Read more
We are excited to announce the opening of our new North Fort Worth Office!